Medical Officer Noticeboard
The Medical Officer Noticeboard is a web application designed to improve task and clinical handover management,
with a focus on Junior Medical Officer education. It was initially developed for
Hunter New England Health and is
running successfully in 8 hospitals throughout this network. More recently the Medical Officer
Noticeboard has been installed into the ACT Health Network.
The application can be configured to support a single hospital or to support multiple hospitals. It can
be customized to suit the individual needs of a hospital or health service if required. This can
include integrating with an existing patient management system.
The features provided by the Medical Officer Noticeboard include:
Supported web browsers include Microsoft IE 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Google Chrome.
The web application interface is touch friendly to support iPad and Android tablet devices.
- Nurses and Medical Officers can log new tasks and view active tasks.
- Medical Officers can claim and complete tasks.
- Medical Officers can view recently completed tasks and mark them as uncompleted if necessary.
- Nurses and Medical Officers can search for active or completed tasks by MRN, patient name, task type, sub task type, or task details.
- Notices can be displayed if tasks are added within a particular time period on particular days. This can be used to advise a nurse adding a task during the day that they should instead page a Medical Officer.
Clinical handover (ISBAR)
- Medical Officers can add new unwell patients using the ISBAR format and view active unwell patients including a history of recommendations.
- Medical Officers can claim and complete unwell patient recommendations.
- Medical Officers can search for unwell patients by MRN or patient name.
- Medical Officers can register clinical handovers in which they can add a new recommendation for each active unwell patient or mark them as archived.
- Medical Officers can view a history of clinical handovers including the recommendations made in each one.
- Medical Officers can view a list of learning modules grouped into categories.
- Each learning module includes a link to a presentation, an anonymous feedback form, a customized survey form, and a forum.
Additional educational resources
- Medical Officers can view a list of additional educational resources grouped into categories.
- Medical Officers and nurses can view a list of useful phone numbers, email addresses, and web links.
Rosters and Rovers
- Medical Officers can view and update roster and rover documents and links.
- Allows administrators to:
- Add/edit hospitals
- Add/edit disciplines
- Add/edit wards
- Add/edit/approve/deny users
- Add/edit roles
- Add/edit permissions
- Add/edit task types
- Add/edit sub task types
- Add/edit directory listings
- Add/edit educational resources
- Add/edit learning modules
- Add/edit page content
- Add/edit and email templates
- Add/edit notices
- Export various data sets/statistics
- Detailed help pages for users and administrators are integrated into the application.
- All inserts, updates, deletes, and views of patient information are audited.