IT Support / System Administration
Newcastle based NewtonGreen Technologies (NGT) is currently seeking a talented and motivated system administrator to join our expanding team. This role will be responsible for managing and maintaining network, server and client infrastructure.
- Tertiary qualification (or near completion) in IT or appropriate experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, Exchange, Active Directory and related technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced group setting in an organised manner.
- Current driver’s license.
Desired (Non-essential) Criteria:
- Experience administering, developing and supporting Microsoft Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012, Exchange & SQL Server) and network infrastructures.
- Current Microsoft certifications.
- Experience supporting Macs and iOS devices in a corporate environment.
- SQL Server database administration experience.
- VMWare and/or HyperV experience.
- Cisco experience.
- Basic programming/scripting skills.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to server infrastructure for NGT and their clients.
- Manage and troubleshoot network connectivity problems.
- Manage end user account, permissions and access rights.
- Proactive monitoring of servers, applications and services.
- Perform regular and on-demand backups and recoveries.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end-user workstation hardware & software.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging server tools and technologies and suggest how they can be used to improve NGT and client systems.
- Create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org